What is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is an effective, non-surgical treatment to reduce the signs of ageing.
It is based on the principles of Chinese Medicine, which involves the insertion of very thin disposable needles into the acupuncture points on the face.
This superficial insertion will increase the local circulation to the face and stimulate collagen production, which will fill out the lines and give firmness to the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion.
Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to treat many conditions and illnesses. The effectiveness of acupuncture has been related to the manipulation of the energy points on the body to balance and to remove blockages in the meridians (channels of blood and energy), in order to achieve health and to prevent diseases.
Effects and benefits
What are the benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture may take 1-5 years off your face. It helps to eliminate fine lines and makes the deeper lines look softer. It can also help to minimize dark circles, puffy eyes, double chin, sagging skin, and dropping eyelids. Other benefits include:
- Relaxes muscle tone
● Increases circulation, therefore oxygenates the skin
- Increases collagen production
- Tightens the pores, and brightens the eyes
- Keeps acne skin under control
- Nourishes the skin, giving you a healthy complexion with a natural glow
- Moisturizes the skin from inside, and gives rosy cheeks to people with dull, tired looking skin
What is the course of treatment?
The course of the treatment is between 10-12 sessions. This will be done 1-3 times a week for best results. Each individual will respond different to the treatment depending on their age and lifestyle. Visible results will be noticeable after 6 -7 sessions. Maintenance maybe needed once every month.
Where does it affect?
- Between the eyebrows
- Dropped edge of the eye
- Dark circle
- Swollen face
- Zygomatic (cheek bone) area
What results can I expect after session?
You will be able to see the difference such as smoothing of skin tone, rehydration of skin, improved muscle tone, improved jaw line definition etc after 1 session but for the continuing effect, you may need 2 treatment/ 1week for 4~5 weeks. Results may vary according to your age and skin condition.
What you should/ shouldn’t do after session
- Avoid a sauna or swimming on the day
- Avoid the sunlight or use sunscreen
- Do regular facial massage
- Eat balanced foods
- No drinking alcohol & smoking
- Do not scratch or touch your face unnecessarily
- Do regular exercise and get plenty of sleep